3.7.13

A day at the zoo


It's no secret, I love the zoo! If I could go weekly, I would be there. I just love to look at the animals and see what they're up to. How crazy is it that in the middle of KANSAS which is in the middle of the USA that tigers,lions,elephants and more?! I just find it mesmerizing that all the animals are in one place for us to observe. I've been to many zoos in my twenty one years of life. And today the Sedgwick County Zoo is definitely in my top five, if not nĂºmero uno. 
It's a 278 acre mash up of all things zoo and they did an amazing job. Each exhibit paid homage to the animals and part of the world they are from. The Jungle exhibit was inside a building filled with exotic flora ( even poisonous ones),birds, and rodents running around. It had a waterfall and was humid as could be, like a real jungle. 
That's my sweet brother goofing off on the bridge.
Dolphins are my all time favorite animal but my favorite land animal is the king of the jungle, the lion. It just so happens that the lion at this zoo was in a photogenic mood and we got some great shots with him. His wife on the other hand wasn't feeling the camera today.
Tony the Tiger was also a little frisky today 
Unfortunately, we missed the giraffe feeding by 11,ELEVEN, minutes but we got pictures of them just chewing away and feeding themselves.
Not only were the animals active, but the weather was perfect! As my brother said as we were leaving "what a glorious, wonderful day at the zoo." He's nine ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment