16.2.15

Snow day!

 
Who else remembers those cold winter mornings eating cereal in front of the TV just waiting for your school's name to run across the bottom of the screen? Maybe you mom would wake you up with those two magic words..."Snow day!"
 
*Disclaimer--I grew up in Kansas, we needed quite the blizzard to cancel school. 
 
A snow day is heaven sent. When I was in grade school it meant building a snowman, sledding, making snow ice cream, and probably a nap somewhere in the afternoon. In middle and high school, it meant sleeping in, finishing the homework I didn't do, or spending the day with friends. Today, I'm watching Netflix and indulging in Valentine's candy. Snow days don't come around often, so when they do take full advantage. I see so many social media posts "I hate snow" or "I miss summer" but you don't get a snow day in the summer, guys!
So instead of being grumpy about frostbite and the slush it will leave when it's gone. Get outside (for 5 minutes) and bask in the beauty that is the snow! Catch a few snow flakes on your tongue, throw a snowball or two, enjoy it because all too soon, it will be gone. After that run inside, put on your fluffiest socks, grab a snack, and start a new Netflix series! I'm loving Reign.
 
Stay Warm!
 
 photo signature-12.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment